2.1.14

Homemade Lotion Bars

It's no secret I LOVE my essential oils, but one of my favorite uses for them is to make homemade personal products.  I make a killer lip balm which led way to making a super decadent hand cream for these brutal winter months.  But, I've been seeing lotion bars all over the place and I knew I needed to come up with a recipe of my own so I could throw it in my purse and bring out and about.  I basically grab a bar, warm it in my hands and rub it on like a bar of soap leaving a small amount of moisture all over.  Super easy, so little mess, it's brilliant!

With the knowledge I had from making lip balm and hand cream, I perfected a lotion bar this very afternoon and lucky for you, I'm in the sharing mood.  It was super easy and they are great to throw in a small tin in your bag when you are on the go.  


Grab your ingredients:

1/8th cup of Organic Coconut Oil
1/4 cup of Organic Beeswax Pastilles (I bought these)
Essential Oils of your choice, I used Frankincense and Lavender for their super amazing skin healing properties
Organic Vitamin E Oil (optional)
Some sort of mold for your bars, I used a cheap candy mold.  You could also use silicon baking cups or a small metal tin.
While preparing your ingredients, begin boiling a pot of water.  Add your coconut oil and beeswax to a glass mason jar, add a small amount of vitamin e oil if you choose.

Once the water is boiling, put your mason jar in the water and let it melt.  Once everything is melted together nicely, add 12 drops of Frankincense and 12 drops of Lavender.  


Mix everything together and quickly and carefully pour into your molds and let them cool completely.

Pop them out and put them in a storage tin, I picked a gift card holder up on clearance and they fit perfectly in there!

Easy as pie.  In case you don't believe me about the super duper healing properties of lavender and frankincense, here is some more information for you.  Wanna grab yourself some of your very own oils?  You can grab them here or email directly with any questions: michelle.sauer@gmail.com



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Michelle, do you share your Hand Cream Recipe? I have horribly dry hands, and have tried the Coconut oil cream, but it hasn't worked for me because is greasy and can only wear it at night. :( (By the way, fellow Lemon Dropper here!) ;)

    Thanks!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete